Mentee Eligibility & Responsibilities
To build a strong relationship with a mentor, make new skills in friendship, learn responsibility, and have fun!
- Meets with their mentor for at least one hour each week during the school year.
- Calls their mentor (or asks parent to call) if they cannot make a meeting.
- Is kind to their mentor.
- Helps their mentor clean up any games, artwork, or playground equipment used at mentoring.
- Pushes in chairs and cleans tables that got dirty at mentoring.
- Plays by the rules and does not cheat during mentoring games.
- Is honest with the mentor and does not tell lies.
- Follows school rules and any rules of the mentoring program.
- Is honest with Megan when she asks questions about the mentoring relationship.
- Tells Megan if there are any problems at mentoring or if mentoring is not good.
- Leaves all mentoring equipment at the mentoring space (does not steal anything from the mentoring space).
- Has good manners: says hello, goodbye, and thank you to mentor, when appropriate.
- Parent permission is required.
Also, a mentee must…
- Elect to be in the mentoring program.
- Complete two trainings prior to meeting mentor.
- Sign contract agreeing to responsibilities.