Flight through Failure
Failing is part of life, and it’s a critical part of learning. Keep these points in mind as you coach your mentee through the trials and tribulations of childhood and adolescence:
- We should fail every day. Only when you operate at the edge of your ability will you find real progress.
- Failure is not in falling down. It’s in staying down.
- Gemologists identify fake emeralds by finding the stones that look perfect. Real ones have weaknesses and imperfections. Nobody’s perfect.
- Worrying about mistakes is a good way to achieve them.
- Failure is part of growing. If you don’t fail, you’re probably not challenging yourself enough.
- Be bold. Risk failure. Mistakes are part of winning.
- The human brain only grows when we reach, fall short, and reach again.