Many Grand Area Mentoring matches will venture off campus this spring to practice new skills and experience a wider world. If you plan to expand your mentee’s horizons, please remember a few rules:
- Two adults must be present at all times, both official volunteers or employees of the school district.
- Mentors must call ahead to clear activity with parents.
- Call Megan (260-9645) to tell her know where you will be going for a record of your whereabouts.
- Complete the yellow off-campus report form upon return to school.
- Choose only activities that are safe and appropriate.
Have a great time! Here are a few ideas of activities mentors and students have enjoyed:
- National Park
- Ice cream
- Workplace Visits
- Skate Park
- Rock Shop
- Rock Climbing
- Swimming Pool
- Slackline Park
- Humane Society
- Bark Park
- Community Service