Nutrition Training (and Moonflower Tour)
April 4, 4:30-5:30
HMK Elementary School, Room 141
(The classroom workshop will be followed promptly by a tour of Moonflower Community Cooperative 5:45-6:15)
This workshop will cover entertaining and beneficial nutrition topics, including but not limited to:
- The truth about fats and sugar
- The importance of eating balanced meals throughout the day (and suggestions)
- How to properly read labels/ingredient lists
- An interactive approach for a “grocery store tour”
- Techniques to make healthy food choices in the store.
Mentors will leave the training feeling confident in discussing fun snack ideas with their mentees, as well as encouraging them to make smart nutrition decisions.
See calendar for an additional Moonflower tour date!
Thanks to Moonflower, community-based mentors will receive $25 in store credit to be used for purchasing ingredients for meals, snacks, and other food items.
Kelsey Huckleholds a Bachelor’s degree in exercise physiology and a master’s in athletic administration/ physical education. She owns Huckleberry Healing (www.huckleberryhealing.com).